Thursday, June 01, 2006

MV4 the Chicken Cooker in Green

I had to do it; the Chicken Cooker in Green was at best a mediocre wall piece, and now it is something much more special to me. Strung up the same as the MV1, the MV2, and the Electro-acoustic Dobro/MV3, now I have something to play when I get together for my weekly jam. Something wonderful has happened to the Single String and it has nothing to do with me.

The idea came to me as I was traveling around the Niagara Region this past long weekend. Whenever we go away, second hand and junkshops are always on the agenda. I can usually find one of my beloved grill plates on these excursions. This long weekend I wasn’t so lucky in that department. I had also just taken my

show down from Mitzi’s CafĂ© in Parkdale where the original Chicken Cooker in Green was hanging. When I came home I had decided that it was time to take some of the less successful of instruments and start rebuilding them, making them stronger and faster. Oh wait, that’s something else.

The Chicken Cooker in Green, or as we say in the biz the CCG was the first on the list, mainly because it was sitting on the floor in the downstairs hallway being tripped over every time you walked by, even if you could see it. I did use some of my new acquisitions in the rebuilding

process. There were a few neat things that I found. Hopefully I will post their outcomes in the next few weeks. Just click on the instruments I spoke of above if you would like to read more about there good and bad times. So now the CCG it has been rebuilt into the MV4CCG, and I’m much happier now. Oh wait, that was also something else.







Here is a sketch I did prior to the re-construction of the Chicken Cooker in Green. As you can see, it didn't turn out exactly as I had planned, but that's the way it goes some time.
I have posted other sketches throughout the blog.


No comments: