Sunday, November 05, 2006

The electro-acoustic dobro/MV 3


What can i say about this one. It was made from two busted up acoustic guitars. A chicken cooker (I just love those things) and a real nice pick up given to me by Alex.
For the most part I stay away from building conventional instruments, but this one was screaming at me to be built. Plug it in, or play it acoustically. It's up to you.
I have set the strings up the same as the MV1 and the MV2. Hence the name The Electro-acoustic Dobro/MV3. For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about I will now take this moment to explain. The MV1, MV2, and now the MV3 are all set up as slide instruments, with two of the six strings raised about an 8th of an inch above the other four. With the MV1 and MV2 I also added a whole wack of sympathetic strings. On the MV3 I did not.

1 comment:

mike said...

wow thats really slick, does it give the sound quality of a steel guitar?